- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store and protect your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Your acceptance of these terms
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
You may be asked for, as appropriate, personal identification information such as name, email address, phone number, billing address, and mailing address. Payment information is securely transmitted through our payment gateway, Authorize.net, and not stored in our system.
Non-personal identification information is also collected. This is technical information, such as browser version, IP address, time zone, cookie information, and other similar information.
You may also visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities on our website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Vermont Flannel Company with most of the data we collect. It is collected automatically when you access our website, through cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels. We collect data and process data when you:
- Visit our site, browse, register for an account, place an order, fill out a form, or subscribe to the newsletter.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via email/live chat.
- In connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available, such as interacting with our newsletters or digital advertising.
How will we use your data?
Vermont Flannel collects and uses data for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience:We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our website visitors as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- Process transactions: We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service. When we process your order, we may send your data to, and use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, we will occasionally send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you, which may include company news, updates, promotions, and surveys.
If you have agreed to receive our communications, you may always opt out later. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us to unsubscribe.
How do we store and protect your data?
We adopt highly safe and secure data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our website.
Sensitive and private data exchange between our website and its visitors happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our website is also in compliance with the highest level of PCI vulnerability standards (PCI DSS 3.2 certified at Level 1) to create as secure of an environment as possible for our visitors and customers.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined in this policy. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the website, or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, providing that you have given us your permission.
We may share your Personal Information to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or lawful request for information, or to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations. When you place an order through our website, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information.
What are your data protection rights?
The Vermont Flannel Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request copies of your personal data from Vermont Flannel.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Vermont Flannel correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Vermont Flannel complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Vermont Flannel erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Vermont Flannel restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Vermont Flannel transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] or write to us at PO Box 220, East Barre VT 05649.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s saved on your computer or device when you use our website. Cookies are automatically collected and make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
There are a few different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality & Performance - Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising & Social Media - Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties to help us improve our advertising. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners; this means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
Please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how information is shared with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the links below:
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You may also opt out of certain services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Privacy policies of other websites
Your acceptance of these terms
How to contact us
The Vermont Flannel Company
128 Mill Street
PO Box 220
East Barre, VT 05649
How to contact the appropriate authorities
By signing up for The Vermont Flannel Company SMS text messaging program, you agree to receive recurring automated text messages from The Vermont Flannel Company at the mobile number used when signing up. Message frequency varies; message and data rates may apply.
We collect the following information about you in the context of our SMS text messaging program: your name, phone number, and texting preferences. We only use this information to manage our SMS program, including to send you text messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with SMS platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of text messages. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, lease, or otherwise transfer for profit any phone numbers or customer information collected through the program to any third party. Your wireless carrier may collect data about your wireless device usage, and its practices are governed by its own policies.
We reserve the right to disclose information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you provide us information in connection with the SMS program, you agree to provide accurate information. You agree not to use a false, misleading, or unauthorized name or number.